Friday, June 6, 2008

Mucha Untitled Alphonse Maria Mucha painting

Mucha Untitled Alphonse Maria Mucha painting
Godward Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder painting
Waterhouse Gather ye rosebuds while ye may painting
Goya Nude Maja painting
"Has she," asked the Doctor, with a smile, "has she been associating of late with a circle of pseudo-intellectual women -- super-spiritual superior beings? My wife has been telling me about them."
"That's the trouble," broke in Mr. Pontellier, "she hasn't been associating with any one. She has abandoned her Tuesdays at home, has thrown over all her acquaintances, and goes tramping about by herself, moping in the street-cars, getting in after dark. I tell you she's peculiar. I don't like it; I feel a little worried over it."
This was a new aspect for the Doctor. "Nothing hereditary?" he asked, seriously. "Nothing peculiar about her family antecedents, is there?"
"Oh, no, indeed! She comes of sound old Presbyterian Kentucky stock. The old gentleman, her father, I have heard, used to atone for his weekday sins with his Sunday devotions. I know for a fact, that his race horses literally ran away with the prettiest
-172-bit of Kentucky farming land I ever laid eyes upon. Margaret -- you know Margaret-she has all the Presbyterianism undiluted. And the youngest is something of a vixen. By the way, she gets married in a couple of weeks from now."

No comments: