Sunday, January 27, 2008

Van Gogh Sunflower

Van Gogh Sunflower
Edward Hopper Painting
Mary Cassatt painting
¡¡¡¡I debated a moment, looking him squarely in the eyes. I had seen the frightful treatment of the cabin-boy, and knew that I should very probably receive the same, if not worse. As I say, I debated with myself, and then I did what I consider the bravest act of my life. I ran to the side, waving my arms and shouting: ¡¡¡¡'Lady Mine, ahoy! Take me ashore! A thousand dollars if you take me ashore!' ¡¡¡¡I waited, watching two men who stood by the wheel,
oil painting
one of them steering. The other was lifting a megaphone to his lips. I did not turn my head, though I expected every moment a killing blow from the human brute behind me. At last, after what seemed centuries, unable longer to stand the strain, I looked around. He had not moved. He was standing in the same position, swaying easily to the roll of the ship and lighting a fresh cigar. ¡¡¡¡'What is the matter? Anything wrong?' ¡¡¡¡This was the cry from the Lady Mine. ¡¡¡¡'Yes!' I shouted at the top of my lungs. 'Life or death! One thousand dollars if you take me ashore!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Van Gogh Sunflower"