Thursday, October 25, 2007

Famous painting

Famous painting
"Yes. Almost immediately after I got that letter, he was killed. We never heard anything of or about the girl. All we knew, actually, was her Christian name. We always expected her to write or to turn up, but she didn't. We never heard anything - until about a month ago, just before Christmas."
"I remember. You got a letter, didn't you?"
"Yes. Saying she was in England and would like to come and see us. It was all arranged and then, at the last minute, she sent a wire that she had to return unexpectedly to France."
Famous painting
"Well?"
"The police think that this woman who was killed – was French."
"They do, do they? She looked more of an English type to me, but one can't really judge. What's worrying you then, is that just possibly the dead woman might be your brother's girl?"
"Yes."
"I think it's most unlikely," said Dr. Quimper, adding: “But all the same, I understand what you feel."
"I'm wondering if I ought not to tell the police about - about it all. Cedric and the others say it's quite unnecessary. What do you think?"
Famous painting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Famous painting

Anonymous said...

Famous painting
jkljljl

Anonymous said...

Famous painting