Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Edvard Munch The Scream

Edvard Munch The ScreamEdvard Munch MadonnaUnknown Artist Brent Lynch Cigar Bar
world and waited to die before you came down to disturb us!"
"By what right are you leading us? You are only children! Who gave you the authority?"
Will wanted to turn and denounce them, but Lyra held his arm; they were unhappy and frightened, she said.
Then the Lady . The same kind of edge. There's something special about that kind of edge; once you've felt it you never forget it. And I can see it there, just where the rock falls away into the dark. But that big space down there, that's not another world like all the others. It's different. I don't like it. I wish I could close it Salmakia spoke, and her clear, calm voice carried a long way in the great emptiness."Friends, be brave! Stay together and keep going! The way is hard, but Lyra can find it. Be patient and cheerful and we'll lead you out, don't fear!"Lyra felt herself strengthened by hearing this, and that was really the Lady's intention. And so they toiled on, with painful effort."Will," said Lyra after some minutes, "can you hear that wind?""Yes, I can," said Will. "But I can't feel it at all. And I tell you something about that hole down there. It's the same kind of thing as when I cut a window

No comments: