Wednesday, May 14, 2008

floral oil painting

floral oil painting
Then you will see me coming round the corner of the 'off-turning' gallery."
"What am I to do then?"
"You will immediately come towards me, behind the man; but I shall already be upon him, and shall have seen his face."
I attempted a feeble smile.
"Why do you smile? Well, you may smile while you have the chance, but I swear you'll have no time for that a few hours from now.
"And if the man escapes?"
"So much the better," said Rouletabille, coolly, "I don't want to capture him. He may take himself off any way he can. I will let him go - after I have seen his face. That's all I want. I shall know afterwards what to do so that as far as Mademoiselle Stangerson is concerned he shall be dead to her even though he continues to live. If I took him alive, Mademoiselle Stangerson and Robert Darzac would, perhaps, never forgive me! And I wish to retain their good-will and respect.

No comments: