Friday, January 25, 2008

Vermeer girl with the pearl earring

Vermeer girl with the pearl earring
virgin of the rocks
Woman with a Parasol
which made Fanny quite hate him, he said, "So! Rushworth and his fair bride are at Brighton, I understand; happy man!" ¡¡¡¡ "Yes, they have been there about a fortnight, Miss Price, have they not? And Julia is with them." ¡¡¡¡ "And Mr. Yates, I presume, is not far off." ¡¡¡¡ "Mr. Yates! Oh! we hear nothing of Mr. Yates. I do not imagine he figures much in the letters to Mansfield Park; do you, Miss Price? I think my friend Julia knows better than to
oil painting
entertain her father with Mr. Yates." ¡¡¡¡ "Poor Rushworth and his two-and-forty speeches!" continued Crawford. "Nobody can ever forget them. Poor fellow! I see him now--his toil and his despair. Well, I am much mistaken if his lovely Maria will ever want him to make two-and-forty speeches to her"; adding, with a momentary seriousness, "She is too good for him-- much too good." And then changing his tone again to one of gentle gallantry, and addressing Fanny, he said, "You were Mr. Rushworth's best friend. Your kindness and patience can never be forgotten, your

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vermeer girl with the pearl earring"