Monday, October 29, 2007

Spring Breeze

Spring Breeze
Sweet Nothings
The Abduction of Psyche
The British Are Coming
¡¡¡¡ "Ah--I didn't see him!" she cried in her quick, light voice. "Jude--how seriously you are going into it!" ¡¡¡¡ Jude started up from his reverie, and saw her. "Oh--Sue!" he said, with a glad flush of embarrassment. "These are your school-children, of course! I saw that schools were admitted in the afternoons, and thought you might come; but I got so deeply interested that I didn't remember where I was. How it carries one back, doesn't it! I could examine it for hours, but I have only a few minutes, unfortunately; for I am in the middle of a job out here." ¡¡¡¡ "Your cousin is so terribly clever that she criticizes it unmercifully," said Phillotson, with good-humoured satire. "She is quite sceptical as to its correctness." ¡¡¡¡ "No, Mr. Phillotson, I am not--altogether! I hate to be what is called a clever girl--there are too many of that sort now!" answered Sue sensitively. "I only meant--I don't know what I meant-- except that it was what you don't understand!" ¡¡¡¡ "I know your meaning," said Jude ardently (although he did not). "And I think you are quite right."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring Breeze

Anonymous said...

Spring Breeze

Anonymous said...

"madonna with the yarnwinder painting"
2 条评论 - 显示原始文章